Wednesday, April 18, 2018

The Pyramids of Giza and the Great Sphinx




Hi guys!  I can't wait to tell you about what we did today.  Doesn't it look really hot and dry here?  Actually, it's pretty chilly and I didn't pack a jacket. It started out in the 60's and it was only about 70 degrees when we arrived.

This is the Great Pyramid.  It's over 3,000 years old!  It's almost 500 feet tall which is like a 50 story building.   
Can you believe that? 



I was standing at the opening of the pyramid looking out into the desert.  See how many people have jackets?


Sorry, my picture is so bad.  This is inside the pyramid.  You have to climb up inside to see the tomb.  It's very narrow.  How do think the Egyptians built this way back then?


Well, here they are!   The biggest one was built for Pharoah Khufu.  The other two are the Pyramids of Khafre and Menkaure.  The little ones by each of the big ones are the Pharoah's wives.  Do you know how old these pyramids are?  They are at least 3,000 years old, probably even older than that.

These are the camels I got to ride.  This is part of the Sahara Desert.



Here I am riding a camel.  They said I was too little to ride by myself.  Plus, since I am so light, I actually blew away and some person saved me from getting lost in the desert.  I was so scared!  Thankfully, my friend Lydia held on to me really tight.
I finally made it!



He was pretty ticklish under his chin.



They are not used to seeing many Americans.  My friend Lydia was so popular but eventually, she said it was tiring.  Now I know what famous people go through.

This is what I had for lunch.  Flavored beef, chicken, and veggies.  Eat your veggies kids!

Well, tomorrow is another fun day for me.  We will go visit the Egyptian Museum.  There are many statues there as well as mummies.  Have you ever seen a real mummy or only your mommy?  Do you get it?  I was making a joke.




No comments:

Post a Comment