Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Flat Stanley's long flight



I was so happy that friends took me to Egypt for my Spring Break.  I really wanted to get out of this Illinois weather in the worst way.  I'll just say this, I think it may have been easier for them to mail me there instead of taking the very long flight to get to Egypt.  It took about 18 hours of flying time and everyone else was on their spring break as well so it was a very packed plane.

Can you see how much farther I have to fly?  Once I get to Abu Dhabi, I have to fly for almost 4 more hours.  I'm going to be tired!


   
This is what flying into Abu Dhabi looks like.  I wish I could stay here for a few days because it looks warm and like a lot of fun.  Do you see all those sandbars?



 I got really thirsty and this is the water they gave me.  Neat huh?
 

Abu Dhabi is flat, hot and dry.
                                                     

 Passing over the Red Sea.  It doesn't look like anyone even lives there.  This was on my second flight to Cairo.  I'm so tired...
                                       
                              

I can't wait to get off this plane.  This is what Cairo Egypt looks like from up here.  Doesn't look like home though.


                 
Now I'm heading off to bed because I know we have a busy day tomorrow.  We will go to Giza to see the pyramids and the Great Sphinx.  I think a camel ride is in my future too.




No comments:

Post a Comment